Hair Loss can occur for so many reasons. It could be stress, illness, hormonal changes, pregnancy, medication or many other reasons. Sometimes Hair loss will occur just on the scalp or it may occur all over the body. Hair Loss on our scalp and our eyebrows would probably be the most concerning areas for many people.
Wigs, hairpieces, false eyebrows or eyelashes are all very useful depending on the purpose you need it and how much hair loss you are experiencing. If you are starting chemotherapy, here is a few tips to consider:
– Do some research to find out what type of wig you think you may like. Some people prefer to stay as close to their hair style as possible, while others like to try new styles.
-Have the wig ready before you loose your hair so you can chose the wig without the stress that you need one immediately. Also, it gives you time to have a play with your wig and get used to the idea of wearing a wig.
– Once you start Chemotherapy you may feel very ill and choosing a wig might be the last thing you feel like doing.
-Browse the internet for wigs and styles that you may like. It takes time to decide which wig that you think may suit you.
– Have a chat to your hairdresser to see if he /she would be able to help you customize your wig. For example, to cut a few layers or shape a fringe to your liking.
– Ask a close friend to have a look at a few different wigs with you. Sometimes your close friends can point out something that you haven’t thought of and help boost your confidence.
– Buy the best quality wig that you can afford. Cheap nasty wigs are not going to help you feel good. Sometimes it better to choose a good synthetic rather than a cheap human hair wig.
– Consider a synthetic wig as they are easier to care for and they keep their shape after washing. Very little styling is required for a synthetic hair wig. Human hair wigs are luxurious but they do require more styling.
– When you are undergoing chemotherapy your scalp can become sensitive. Buy a wig cap to put a barrier between your scalp and wig.
– Use good Salon quality shampoo and conditioner to take care of your wig and wash it regularly.
– Find out from your health fund or if there are any government assistance funds that can help with covering the cost of your wig.
– If you lose hair on your eyebrows consider false eyebrows, they are not that expensive and they will make you feel like you. Our Eyebrows gives our face definition. We are so used to seeing our eyebrows in the mirror that we feel very odd without them.
– As well as False Eyebrows there are some very simple to use false eyelashes that can help as well if you feel the need for them.
– Remember we are all different and what feels right for one person may not be for someone else. Do what makes you feel good. And don’t forget to ask for help – true friends and family never mind giving a helping hand.